Welcome! The Santa Clara County Honor Band was founded in 1952 by local music teachers in order to promote and celebrate outstanding young musicians.
Auditions are held in December of each year, this year the location will be at TBD in TBD on Friday, December xx, 2015, beginning @ 5:00pm
Please see the AUDITIONS for requirements and helpful hints!
Please see the CALENDAR TAB for all 2016 SCCBDA Dates!
The Santa Clara County Band Directors Association has recently adopted a resolution to put on hold the soloist and composition opportunity. This decision will be re-evaluated in 2 years. The board and our member band directors apologize for any inconvenience.
SCCBDA Board Members
President - Steve Barnhill, Evergreen Valley HS
Past President - Julie Bounds, Santa Teresa HS
Vice President - Joeseph Kelly, Fremont HS
Secretary - Mike Pakaluk, Lynbrook HS
Treasurer - Chris Kaldy, Milpitas HS
Librarian - Jonathan Pwu, Saratoga HS
Janaury 20, 2015
Dear Families and Students,
Congratulations on a great performance! For those wishing to purchase a recording but did not pick up a form, you may order online at:
Downloads are Hi-Definition WAV files.
Stay tuned for more information regarding the 2016 SCCBDA Honor Band under the baton of Dr. Andrew Boysen Jr.!
January 15, 2015
A few helpful reminders for this weekend!
1. Reminder to bring: Music, instrument and necessary accessories, mutes, signed liability form and lunch or $$for lunch if you drive.
2. Traffic to Evergreen Valley High School on Friday night will be challenging so plan accordingly (LEAVE EARLY). Students should park in the student parking lot, immeaditely past the Ruby/Quimby Road corner. Enter from the theater entrance not the band room.
3. Concert Clothes – Standard black and white concert clothing (often black long dresses/black dress pants/shirts for girls and black dress pants, white button down shirt with coat for men.
4. Lunch on Saturday – Students might want to bring lunch on Saturday unless they drive or can ride with someone. There are limited walkable food options next to Evergreen Valley HS for folks that do not drive. You might want to check the area in advance Friday night an plan accordingly.
5. Invite family and friends to the concert on Sunday! Evergreen Valley HS has an excellent viewing/listening venue, and we are expecting a full house!
2015 Rehearsal Schedule
Saturday: 9am-5pm (lunch from 12pm-1:30pm)
Sunday: 12:00pm Call Time, 2:00pm Concert Time
Location: Evergreen Valley HS, San Jose
Fall Directors Meeting
Tuesday September 9th, 2014 @ 7:00pm
Fremont High School - 1279 Sunnyvale-Saratoga Rd., Sunnyvale , CA 94087
Missed the meeting? Please email the Vice President for the minutes.