Welcome! The Santa Clara County Honor Band was founded in 1952 by local music teachers in order to promote and celebrate outstanding young musicians.
Auditions are held in December of each year. Please see the "Audition Info" tab for a full list of requirements.
SCCBDA Board Members
President - Joeseph Kelly, Fremont HS
Past President - Steve Barnhill, Evergreen Valley HS
Vice President - Mike Pakaluk, Lynbrook HS
Secretary - Emily Moore, Milpitas HS
Treasurer - Michael Gomez, Overfelt HS
Librarian - Jonathan Pwu, Saratoga HS
November 23, 2015
SCCBDA Auditions are right around the corner! Please note that the Application Form must be completed online and printed in order for students to collect the necessary signatures.
See you on Friday, December 11 @ Santa Teresa HS for Auditions!
Janaury 20, 2015
Dear Families and Students,
Congratulations on a great performance! For those wishing to purchase a recording but did not pick up a form, you may order online at:
Downloads are Hi-Definition WAV files.
Stay tuned for more information regarding the 2016 SCCBDA Honor Band under the baton of Dr. Andrew Boysen Jr.!
September 3, 2015
Some information for the performance in January.
1. Reminder to bring: Music, instrument and necessary accessories, mutes, signed liability form and lunch or $$for lunch if you drive.
2. Traffic to Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto on Friday night will be challenging so plan accordingly (LEAVE EARLY). Students should park in the student parking lot.
3. Concert Clothes – Standard black and white concert clothing (often black long dresses/black dress pants/shirts for girls and black dress pants, white button down shirt with coat for men.
4. Lunch on Saturday – Students might want to bring lunch on Saturday unless they drive or can ride with someone. There are no walkable food options next to Henry M. Gunn HS for folks that do not drive. You might want to check the area in advance Friday night an plan accordingly.
5. Invite family and friends to the concert on Sunday! Henry M. Gunn HS has an excellent viewing/listening venue, and we are expecting a full house!
Fall Directors Meeting
Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 @ 7:00pm
Fremont High School - 1279 Sunnyvale-Saratoga Rd., Sunnyvale , CA 94087
Missed the meeting? Please email the firstname.lastname@example.org for the minutes.