Honor Band Audition Requirements
Friday, December 12, 2014 @ 5:00pm, Santa Teresa High School (San Jose)
All students enrolled in an instrumental music class with participating band directors (SCCBDA Bylaw) in Santa Clara County are eligible to audition. Students must submit an application form with all required signatures.
Students will not be given an audition without all required signatures, $5.00 non-refundable audition fee, and completed application form (including all signatures).
All rehearsals of the SCCBDA Honor Band are mandatory. Students failing to meet this commitment or are tardy to any rehearsal can be immediately dismissed without discussion.
Students are to report to the registration table in the Santa Teresa High School Music Building. Each auditioning student will be assigned a number to determine the order of auditions for each instrument.
All auditioning students must:
- Did you read every detail of the Audition Instruction packet (including specific instructions about the scales and those intended for flutes & percussion)? Do NOT audition if you plan to miss any of the rehearsals, including partial rehearsals. You only have a limited amount of time to rehearse with your fellow musicians. Your absence would already deteriorate the chances of putting on a great concert.
- Did you acquire all the necessary signatures? Did you fill in every applicable space? Don’t forget $5.00 for the audition process (checks payable to “SCCBDA”).
- Did you make copies of your prepared piece (at least 2)?
- Will you look respectable? (i.e. – something much nicer than a t-shirt & blue jeans/shorts. This is similar to a job interview.)
- Do you know how to get to the Music Building @ Santa Teresa High School? Here's a STHS Campus Map. Get there early for your audition! Anticipate traffic. Remember, "to be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late." Report time is 5:00pm for auditions, regardless of instrument.
- Bring a snack/money for snacks in case you have to wait longer than anticipated. Your health is a key to putting on a good audition. You will not have to remain after your audition. Audition results will be posted to this website when all instruments have finished auditioning. SCCBDA will be trying a new means of communication by emailing students who made the band. If you would like, however, you are more than welcome to stay to see the posts.
- If you make it into the honor band, remember that the first rehearsal begins at 9:00am sharp the following morning at Santa Teresa High School! To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, to be late puts you at risk of dismissal of participation with SCCBDA for the year.
Audition Results - CLICK HERE
Arrive early to rehearsal on Saturday so you can find your seat. Have all necessary reeds, mutes, oils, pencils, etc. your instrument may need.
Bring a lunch/money for your lunch break.